Tamiya 1/24 Scale Sports Car Honda S600 Scale Model Kit #24340
The Honda S600 is an automobile manufactured by Honda. It was launched in March 1964. It was available as a roadster and as a fastback coupé – introduced in March 1965. The S600 was the first Honda available in two trim levels. During its production run up to 1966, the model styling would remain pretty much the same, with the most notable changes coming to the front grille, bumper, and headlights. The S600 got 57hp out of a 606cc 4-cylinder DOHC engine that could hold its own compared with racing engines, and it featured a motorcycle style chain-driven rear wheel drive. Exports to Europe followed as the S600 quickly gained respect, gaining popularity as a highly lightweight and speedy sports car. It was also to prove a success in races both inside and outside of Japan. The Tamiya model faithfully captures the essence of the S600, thanks to new tooling and updated parts from the S800 model kit.
- Material: Plastic
- This kit is based upon Tamiya?s accurate kit of the S800. New parts are included to depict S600-specific features such as the front grille and bumper unit, hood, radiator-top parts, brake and reverse lights, plus wheels.
- The unique rear chain-drive unit-based trailing arm suspension is concisely and realistically captured, as is the front double wishbone suspension setup.
- Parts are included to recreate the S600 as an open top with folded down roof, or as a hard top.
- Decals and metal transfers included
- Tamiya 1/24 Scale Sports Car Honda S600 Scale Model Kit (1 pc)
- Model Paint
- Model Tools