Serpent S120 LTR 1/12 2WD EP Pan Car Kit #410006
This is the Serpent S120 LTR 1/12 Pan Car Kit. This high performance 1/12 scale pan chassis features a host of nicely machined carbon fiber and aluminum parts. The main focus of development has been put on front end adjustability, with an innovative rear-center pivot system, shock-absorber position and mounting, and overall flex dynamics. A fully adjustable front end creates loads of steering, while the spring loaded Link system, combined with a diagonal positioned main shock and tube-system, controls the roll of the car and keeps the rear end planted. The well balanced LiPo chassis offers a large selection of set-up features and options to get the car dialed on any track.
- 3 Channel Radio System w/High Speed Steering Servo
- 1/12 Pan Car Tires & Wheels
- Motor & ESC
- 4 Cell NiMH, or 1S LiPo Battery & Compatible Charger
- 1/12 Pan Car Body & Polycarbonate Paint
- innovative rear-central pivot system which connect the rear pod in new way with the chassis, and thus prevents any binding, creating more effective sidelink action, at any angle. With this changing roll-center is also very easy.
- new upper arms combined with new steeringblocks with easy inserts to adjust kingpin inclination
- chassis in new shape to allow for new rear pivot and flex dynamics
- side-springs can now be used in outer or inner position
- simplified front shocktower system to lower CG, 2 positions possible, one as before and one longer.
- lower CG with new rear pod brackets
- The S120 Link chassis consists of 2 main elements, the 2.0mm thick carbon fibre chassis plate and the rear aluminium-carbon motor pod. The chassis uses a Link-system , and is damped using a conventional centrally mounted shock absorber together with an anodised tube system.
- The front end of the car is completely adjustable and utilises the now standard fixed lower suspension arms combined with top wishbones, which together with kingpin mounted springs ensure that the car is able to corner at high speeds and soak up any small bumps found on the racing surface.
- The front end of the car features many different adjustments to help you get the most from your car, all of which are easy to adjust and measure. Fixed lower suspension arms are themselves damped by the central strut which uses rubber o-rings to take up the flex in this area, while the grey anodised aluminium front upper wishbone mounts are available in different caster angles, the car being supplied with 9 degree versions as standard. Ride height spacers are available too in 0.5mm and 1mm. With the steering block king pins spring loaded, the cornering forces are channelled through the upper wishbone, which enable the car to corner at high speeds.
- The new steeringblocks and upper arms are strong and easy to adjust. The king pin inclination is easily changed by using different inserts.
- The S120-LTX uses tubes to controll the roll of the car. This system plays a big part in how the car turns into a corner which can be adjusted through the use of different oils, 15.000 for normal grip and 20.000 for high grip tracks.
- The springloaded side-bars, the links, are made of composite nylon and control the roll of the chassis, together with the tubes and the main central shock.
- The central section is a combination of elements to control the movements of the rear end perfectly
- - a central main shock, the shocktower enables various angles.
- - the anodised alu tubes on both sides
- - 2 spring loaded shaped side bars
- These elements interact to create the best possible handling (roll, bump and alignment) under all grip-conditions.
- The side spring scan now be mounted in an out or inner position depending on set-up and grip-levels.
- To aid rear traction under acceleration and to absorb bumps, the S120 LTR sports a centrally mounted shock absorber. Supplied with a soft spring, the pre load of which can be adjusted, the front mount of this shock absorber is used for adjusting the rear down stop and range of movement between the chassis and motor pod. The shockabsorbers uses an internal foam element. A variery of pistons and springs are availbale as options.
- For securely mounting the body shell to your S120 LTR the car has strong plastic body posts front and rear. All 4 posts are supplied with orange anodised adjustable collars to precisely adjust the body's height and the posts are supplied extra long to allow the user to cut them to their own preferred length. The front body posts have also been designed to help protect the front of the carbon chassis from splitting in the event of a heavy front impact.
- The S120 LTR comes supplied with a high quality miniature servo saver, which through the use of orange anodised shims, has adjustable Ackerman.
- The kit includes 2 alu servo posts,with eccebtric holes which together with the slide in the chassis, enable a perfectly centered mounting of any popular brand servo.
- The small foam bumper is also included.
- The lightweight alu rear axle is mounted on bearings that sit within eccentric composite inserts that allows the user to quickly and easily change the rear ride height of the car simply by changing between inserts.
- The kit comes supplied with all 9 inserts which range between 0 and 4mm, each differing by 0.5mm and all are reversible for an even wider range of adjustment.
- The S120 LTR comes supplied with a durable and high performance ball differential. Easily adjusted by a plastic nut, accessible through the right rear wheel, the diff uses high quality steel balls and plates and is supplied with both suitable silicone and graphite grease for use during assembly and maintenance. The rear diff features hardened D-plates and light alu shaft assembly for super smooth diff action.
- The strong basis is formed by the 2.0mm thick carbon fibre chassis plate designed such way that the Lipo can be mounted in lateral direction, and can be mounted either left or right side or across in the back, and still enough space for all the valuable electronics.
- The alu / carbon motorpod is a beautifull combination of high quality machined alu brackets and top quality carbon fibre parts, bolted together to create an ultra stiff rear pod. The new motor-bracket allows the brushless motor to be mounted in the optimal position for car balance and offers good heat dissipation as well . The motorpod brackets are lighter and lower to reduce LG even further.
- The new innovative pivot-system which connect the rear pod with the main chassis allows for full free movement of the 2 main parts, thus avoiding any binding, enabling the side-links to work optimally. With small shims the ride-height can be easily changed.
- The S120 LTR kit is sold in a very compact matt black box and which can fit the built S120 (minus wheels). To allow you to build your car with the greatest of ease, Serpent supplies a full colour online pdf instruction manual and integrated reference guide section that contains all the exploded views and latest options. The S120-LTR also comes supplied with a pair of decal sheets in black, white, orange.
- The manual is available to download as a PDF in the 'Downloads' section of this product page.
- Serpent pan-cars are developed by Michael Salven in close cooperation with Serpent key team-drivers like Paul Ciccarello, Marc Fischer and new team-driver Hupo Honigl.
- S120 Kit
- 500cst Shock Oil
- 12,000 Diff Fluid