Castle Creations Mamba X Waterproof 1/10 Scale Brushless ESC #010-0155-00
The Castle Creations Mamba X is going to shake things up. Extremely versatile, and capable of powering a wide variety of applications and vehicles* the Mamba X is ideal for racing at the track with your 2wd buggy, bashing through mud puddles in your monster truck, or navigating a hardcore trail with your crawler. The Mamba X raises the bar.
ESCs have a tough life, huge jumps, accidental collisions, and splashing through puddles. Castle engineers understand this and designed the Mamba X to endure these situations and power through them. It is housed in a rugged CNC-machined aluminum case and then potted in waterproof epoxy. This not only protects the electronics but ensures any heat generated in the controller can easily be dissipated through the case.
The high performance Mamba X includes an integrated and powerful 8A adjustable BEC and can push the most extreme 1/10th scale setups and 1/8th scale* race buggies. SmartSense allows you to take advantage of smooth, cog-free, and predictable sensored starts, and Castle’s new and improved throttle response keeps you ahead of the competition.
- Mamba X setups frequently hit 100+ amps in peaks and not all LiPos are created equal. Surge ratings should never be used to determine a pack's suitability for a brushless application. Recommended battery capacity for 1:10th and 1:8th scale vehicles is 5000mAh. We recommend using 30C continuous discharge or higher LiPo batteries (or high quality 25C batteries such as Traxxas® Power Cell).
- Our experience suggests using only mild gear ratios with NiMH cells. Do not attempt to use NiMH cells in extreme setups.
- Applying voltages higher than 25.2V will cause irreparable damage to ESC.
- We recommend a high-current connector designed for high-powered electric systems, rated for 70+ amps. Invest in connector sets made for high-powered electric systems such as our Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors, Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas® Power Connectors, or Deans® Ultra Plugs
- For: 1/10 RC
- Material: Aluminum
- Color: Black
- Wide 2S to 6S input voltage range
- Sensored Motor Support (Castle X-Series Sensor Harness Included)
- 8A Adjustable BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- Rugged CNC Aluminum Case
- Castle Link Programming Support
- Integrated Capacitors
- Removable 30mm Cooling Fan
- Integrated 4mm Bullet Connectors
- 12 AWG Power Wires
- Waterproof Switch
- Audible Alerts
- The Mamba X is proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, Kansas
- Backed by Castle Creations’ 1-year warranty and unparalleled "make-it-right" customer support
- SMARTSENSE™: Enabled by default, the Mamba X uses the motor’s sensors to provide smooth starts, excellent torque, and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, it seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ULTRA-EFFICIENT sensorless mode with electronic timing. When running, a motor must transition between different load points and a different timing advance is required for optimal efficiency at each. Electronic timing in SMARTSENSE™ will advance timing automatically for peak performance during all driving conditions. This combines the best of both worlds in an unrivaled HYBRID between smooth sensored startups and high-efficiency sensorless running. Your motor will produce more power and less heat.
- AUXILIARY WIRE FUNCTIONALITY: The Mamba X allows “on-the-fly” adjustments to be made through the AUX wire once enabled in Castle Link. Once you have selected an AUX wire function, that setting can then be tuned from your transmitter while driving. Torque control, max throttle, max brake and drag brake adjustments are a sampling of the available modes. This real-time tuning allows you to quickly and easily fine-tune your system.
- DATALOGGING: Enabled by default, the Mamba X captures and records performance data from your vehicle. This allows you to view a detailed turn-by-turn record of what your ESC actually experienced during the run. You will be able to record real-time data such as motor RPM, battery current and voltage, ESC and motor temperature, throttle input, and more. Download and analyze the collected data via Castle Link and make adjustments to maximize both performance and battery life.
- CASTLE LINK™: For nearly 20 years Castle engineers have been setting the bar for industry leading software functionality. The Castle Link Programming Suite is your ticket to creating the perfect setup. To gain access to the host of tuning parameters, simply redeem the coupon for the Castle Link adapter included with your Mamba X purchase. Download the simple to install software from the Castle website and you are ready to personalize your controller’s parameters. Don’t forget to use the “check for updates” feature in Castle Link to download the latest software as it becomes available. New features are yours at no cost, a perk for choosing Castle.
- Input Voltage Range: 2S LiPo (7.4V) to 6S LiPo (25.2V)
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V. or 8.0V (8A Peak), default 5.5V
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
- On/Off Switch: Yes
- Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)
- Size (LxWxH): 2.14x1.39x1.18" (54.4x35.2x30.0mm)
- Weight (with wires): 3.56 oz. (101g)
- Connectors: 4.0mm female bullets for motor connection.
- Items Needed for Operation: Battery Connector
- Application Guidelines: Intended for up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 9bs/4kg
- Recommended Motors: Castle 1406, 1410 and 1415 Sensored motors
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: Less than 9bs/4kg, with batteries, ready-to-run
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes
- Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free link included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.
- Castle Creations Mamba X Waterproof 1/10 Scale Brushless ESC (1 pc)