Castle Creations Mamba Monster X 8A Peak 25.2V 1/8 Waterproof Brushless ESC #010-0145-00
Castle Creations Monster X Waterproof 1/8th Scale Brushless ESC takes Castle’s legendary “monster” performance to the next level. The waterproof Monster X can run between 2S and 6S LiPo and is a great “power up” upgrade system for 1/8th scale off-road and on-road vehicles. It is also a perfect option for 1/10th scale monster trucks and custom RC monstrosities weighing up to 15 lbs!
The Monster X provides even more extreme performance than the Monster 2. Most notable is the addition of a programmable Auxiliary Wire that allows users to make “on-the-go” adjustments to several settings, such as torque control and max throttle. The Auxiliary Wire allows users to fine-tune the performance of their Monster X ESC right from the transmitter using an auxiliary channel on the receiver. The AUX wire function is disabled by default but is programmable via Castle Link. Once the user has programmed the functionality of the AUX wire, that setting can then be adjusted on-the-go from a compatible transmitter. The Monster X also features updated Audible Alerts that will notify drivers of possible issues with their calibrations and error conditions to help diagnose problems in the field.
The Monster X can also be configured to run sensored brushless motors with the purchase of an optional Sensor Harness from Castle Creations. This sensored-motor capability delivers the smooth power delivery that racers, rock racers and rock crawlers demand.
The Monster X is capable of running from 2S to a maximum of 6S LiPo power, but now features an improved heavy-duty adjustable Battery Eliminator Circuit (BEC) to provide plenty of power for today’s power hungry servos. The Monster X BEC voltage is adjustable from 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V and 8.0V with an 8 AMP peak. The Monster X also comes standard with a highly efficient, 30mm ESC cooling fan.
The Monster X also has the ability to capture and record performance data from your last couple of runs, commonly referred to as data logging. This data can be downloaded via the upcoming Castle Quick Connect Duo (sold separately) that allows the user access to both wires into the single Castle Link connection. The user can then analyze this data and make adjustments to the ESC to maximize both performance and battery life.
The Monster X is telemetry ready, which means owners of Futaba T4PX Transmitters will be able to purchase the Castle Creations S.BUS Telemetry Link when it is released. Real-time data such as ESC temperature, voltages and RPM can be monitored to ensure performance advantages and spare you the “unknown” parameters that all R/C enthusiasts experience at some point. Telemetry data provides another level of protection, can increase your “tuning awareness” and in turn, let you have more time having fun.Castle Link Adjustable Settings for Monster X include: -->
- Brake/Reverse Type
- LiPo Cutoff Voltage
- Brake Amount
- Drag Brake
- Motor Type
Additional Castle Link Benefits include:
- Access all firmware updates, included added feature sets released from Castle Engineering FREE of charge.
- Intuitive Demo Mode
- Ability to save basic to complex setup profiles for later use.
- Sensored Motor Capable
- Extreme Power
- Monster X Data Logging
- Telemetry Ready
Castle Link Adjustable Settings for Monster X include:
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 2S LiPo; MAX: 6S LiPo (25.2V)
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V. or 8.0V (8A Peak), default 5.5V
- Operating Environment: Waterproof design allows for use in nearly any environment.
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes - with lockout
- On/Off Switch: Yes
- ESC Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable and replaceable.
- Size: 5.3cm x 4.9cm
- Weight (w/wires): 111.1 g
- Application Guidelines: Up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 15 lbs, with batteries, ready-to-run.
- Items Needed for Operation: Battery Connector required, Castle 6.5mm Connectors are recommended.
- Castle Creations Mamba Monster X 8A Peak 25.2V 1/8 Waterproof Brushless ESC (1 pc)