NOVAK Timbuk2 Ballistic Wraith Edition 13.5T Brushless ESC Motor Combo System for RC Crawler #3224
The Timbuk2 is designed to work with Novak's Rock Crawling Ballistic and older-style Super Sport Crawling Motors. Basic operation of the ESC remains similar to its predecessors the Goat 2S and Goat 3S, but Novak has taken the advice of the rock crawlers and completely updated the braking adjust-ability and other features of the Timbuk2. New adjustments in the brakes means even more control and response from your crawler.
A feature that is central to the Timbuk2 is the complete on-board programming. No extra devices, plugs or cards are needed to maximize the features of this ESC. The Timbuk2's easy-to-use button and LEDs will guide drivers to their desired setting and allow them to make changes ON THE ROCKS! But have no fear, if adjusting and tuning is not your game, the setup out of the box works extremely well. You can tune anything from the strength of the brakes, to how smooth the throttle response is, and even the rotation of the motor. With dozens of combinations, the Timbuk2 has what you've been searching for in a Brushless Rock Crawling ESC.
In addition its compact and lightweight design, the Timbuk2 uses advanced MOSFETS that are incredibly powerful, yet small in size. This has allowed Novak to create a powerful ESC that boasts tons of power. Another sophisticated feature is the Novak-developed Rock Boost™. When the Timbuk2 reaches full speed for a fixed amount of time, Rock Boost engages and electronic timing advance is applied to the motor. This allows you to have ultra-fine low speed control, unstoppable torque, along with the top speed and higher RPMs of much faster motors. No need to use pricey 3S LiPo batteries for the speed you need.
The Timbuk2 also features completely updated braking adjustability with three distinct types of drag brakes. In addition to standard Hill/Drag brakes, and No Drag Brakes, the third braking style available is Novak's exclusive Rock Crawling Hill/Hold Brakes for use with heavy rigs and serious rock crawling. This braking method applies stopping power to the motor to hold the rig in place.
The Axial© Wraith™ 4WD Rock Racer has taken the trails by storm, and Novak has developed a brushless combo to bring out the full potential of this unique, rock-racing vehicle: the Timbuk2 Brushless System - Wraith Edition. This combo is especially suited for the Axial Wraith and other vehicles with a reverse-rotation drive train, and provides faster speeds, higher torque, and more control compared to a standard brushed system. With the Novak Timbuk2 Brushless System-Wraith Edition, there is no need to modify the vehicle’s drive train or program the speed control—simply install and enjoy its newfound power right out of the box! Includes a heavy-duty external 5-amp BEC module.
The Wraith-Edition Timbuk2 ESC has been given its own set of default parameters that are suited for the vehicle’s unique drive train. Not only will the ESC rotate the brushless motor in the correct clockwise rotation, but also includes Novak’s exclusive Rock-Boost™. When the vehicle reaches full speed, Rock-Boost™ engages and electronic timing advance is applied to the motor. The Timbuk2 is the first ESC to offer electronic motor timing in BOTH clockwise and counter-clockwise motor rotation modes-another Novak first!
- Designed especially for the demands of crawling vehicles to maneuver over the toughest terrain
- Sensor-based for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Compact and lightweight design
- Novak's exclusive Rock Boost™ electronic timing advance to drastically increase motor RPM at full throttle (in both clockwise and counter-clockwise motor rotations)
- Three distinct types of Hill/Drag Brake for significantly stronger brakes that can hold the heaviest rigs on the steepest inclines
- Water-resistant case with silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Two ESCs in One—when used with a standard brushless motor, the Timbuk 2 utilizes the Novak Edge ESC non-crawling software and can be run with a 10.5T or higher sensored brushless motor
- Built-In Voltage Cut-Off Circuitry prevents damage to LiPo/LiFe batteries
- 5-amp heavy-duty external BEC (#5465) is included
- Built-In 6V output for optional accessory fan or other detail items such as running lights
- User friendly One-Touch programming interface with five colored status LEDs to help personalize the speed control's settings
- 10 adjustable parameters: Hill/Drag Brake, Minimum Drive, Dead Band, Throttle Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Frequency, Reverse End Point, Drive Frequency, Novak Rock Boost™, Motor Rotation and Voltage Cut-Off
- Built-in diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC's operating temperature at any time
- On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
- Thermal Overload Protection circuitry to protect the ESC from overheating
- Novak's One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick, easy transmitter set-up
- Plug-and-Play-- Factory wired with Tamiya® battery plug & gold-plated Bullet motor plugs
- Gold-plated direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options
- Factory-installed power capacitor
- User-replaceable ESC input harness
- Designed and manufactured by Novak Electronics in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe. All ESCs and motors are 100% tested to ensure product works right out of the box and on the track!
- Sensor-based for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Oversized front bearing [1/2” x 3/16” (12.7 x 4.8mm)] for increased load handling and bearing life
- Rebuildable design with removable shielded sensor harness, rotor, sensor assembly, wound stator, bearing cap, hardware, sleeve and both end bells
- Nickel-plated, 12.3mm sintered Neodymium rotor with a 0.125” pinion shaft that accepts all existing pinion gears
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes 120-Day Warranty
- Designed, hand wound and dyno tested by Novak in Irvine, Calif., using globally sourced components
- Watts: 195
- kV: 3,300 RPM/volt (unloaded)
- Color-Coded Stator: Orange
- Maximum RPM: 50,000
- Sensor Harness Length: 9" (230mm)
- Motor Size: 2.07 x 1.41" (52.6 x 35.8mm) (540 size)
- Motor Weight: 6.6oz (187g)
- Shaft Diameter: 0.125" (3.2mm)
- Motor Type: Sensored Brushless
- Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / Drag Brake / R (F / B / R when used with a non-crawling motor)
- Input Cells (LiPo/Ni-MH): 2S LiPo/LiFe; 4-7 NiMH
- Size (in/mm): 1.15" x 0.95" x 0.66" (29 x 24.3 x 16.8 mm)
- Weight (oz/g): 0.69 oz. (19.5 g)
- On-Resistance (ohms): 0.00057 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
- Motor Limit: 540-size: 13.5T or higher sensored
380-size: All sensored brushless
- BEC (volts / amps): 6.0 volts DC / 2.0 amps (A 5-amp BEC is included with Wraith Edition)
- Wire Size (GA): 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
- Status LEDs: 5
- Timbuk2 Crawler Brushless ESC (1 set)
- Ballistic 13.5 Crawler Brushless Motor