The Zakspeed Ford Capri Turbo Gr.5 was powered by a 4-cylinder DOHC engine and had an instantly-recognizable low and wide form. A 1982 version of the car was decked out in distinctive orange Jägermeister livery and driven to a second place finish in the Salzburg round of the German Racing Championship by the German driver Klaus Ludwig.
Tamiya has faithfully reproduced this sleek racing machine in 1/10 scale on the TT-02 entry level touring car chassis. The TT-02 chassis platform is the successor to the TT-01 as it incorporates many new features to make it even easier for the new R/C kit builder to assemble and learn from. The TT-02 chassis performs well as cornering and overall speed has been enhanced to take advantage of new electronics available on the market. In addition to the TT-02 being an ideal platform to start from, R/C hobbyists can expand its potential by adding many of the Ho-Up-Options available to increase the cars speed and performance.
- Scale : 1/10
- Construction type : assembly kit
- Terrain use : on-road
- Drive-train : 4WD
- Drive type : shaft
- Drive line : dog bone
- Differential type : gear
- Suspension : fully independent double wishbone
- Steering mechanism : bell-crank
- Shock damper : oil-filled damper
- Shock damper material : plastic
- Tire type : rubber
- Tire tread : slick
- Body material : Polycarbonate
- Chassis material : plastic
- ESC: Included
- Motor : 540-brushed type
- Bearings : plastic bushing
- Adjustable camber : fixed
- Adjustable toe angles : front only
- Adjustable ground clearance : yes
- Adjustable gear ratio : yes
- Adjustable wheelbase : yes
- Adjustable track width : yes
- Adjustable shock angle : yes
- Special feature 1 : Brake disc-shaped, wheel hubs which add to the chassis' highly realistic appearance.
- Special feature 2 : The 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension features friction dampers and uses identical L/R suspension arms and uprights for ease of assembly and maintenance.
- Special feature 3 : Both the motor and the battery are longitudinally-placed in the ABS resin chassis for excellent balance.
- Special feature 4 : Upright assembly can be changed to give the chassis an extra 4mm of travel for Rally racing.
- Special feature 5 : Includes 540 Torque Tuned motor.
- Length: 488mm
- Width: 205mm
- Height: 124mm
- Wheelbase: 251mm
- Gear Ratio: 10 kinds of 7.28:1 to 11.38:1 can be selected in combination with the optional pinion; gear ratio is 8.27:1 in standard kit
- Tamiya 1/10 TT02 Zakspeed Capri Jager (1 set)
- Wheel (4 pcs)
- Tire (4 pcs)
- Clear Polycarbonate Body (1 Set)
- 2ch Radio system
- Battery Pack
- Polycarbonate Paint
- 8 x AA batteries