Spec R Gear Differential Set 38T for Xray T2 T3 T4 #SPR009-XR
The Gear Diff consists of light weight plastic housing; nylon gears and long life diff joints. It weights at 26g and optional Aluminum Joints are available to reduce weight further. Long lasting and durable material result in consistent and better performance. Gear Diff setting tuned by oil weight stays consistent throughout the race and it does not require frequent re-builds like a ball diff.
- Assemble the entire Differential unit
- Rotate the Differential from each side to make sure the internal gears operate smoothly
- Diff feels coarse when the internal gears are too tight. Open the Diff and use fine sand paper to sand the flat side of the large internal gears, re-assemble and test again. Fill the Diff with diff lube when Diff feels smooth.
- Diff feels very loose when the internal gears are loosely meshed, add a 0.1mm shim on the bottom of the larger internal gear, re-assemble and test again. If the diff operation is still loose add another 0.1mm shim to the bottom of the opposite large internal gear. Diff should feel moderately smooth but not too loose or too tight. Fill the Diff with diff lube when ready.
- Fill the Diff to about 1/2 of 2/3 full. Do not over or under fill the Diff.
- *** For Xray T3 / T4, 50mm rear universal swing shaft should be required.
- For: Xray T2 / T3 / T4
- Replaces standard ball differential. With today's high power Brushless Motors and Lipo Batteries, a working differential is essential for efficient power transfer during cornering and stable exiting. Because of the speed of the cars development is moving at much faster rate than chassis reliability, Spec-R has developed the Composite Gear Diff to eliminate Ball Diff Failures common in todays high power touring cars.
- Longer time between rebuilts (if assembled properly, time between rebuilts may be up to 10 to 30 times longer than most ball diffs). Using the Gear Diff, you can run it really loose (running thinner oil) without having to worry about diff slipping). Able to achieve 99% identical diff setup with each rebuild using differential oil. Diff housing, gear post and gears are made from composite material ensuring durability and maximum acceleration.
- Spec R Gear Differential Set 38T (1 Set)