Buy this item and earn 400 points valued at USD$1.60.
Recently crowned 2007 EFRA European Champion, the Hyper 8.5 Pro is the latest off road design from HoBao. The 8.5 had a dream debut in the hands of Spanish driver Robert Batlle at the fiercely competitive championships in Auxerre, France. Robert took Top Qualifier position and 1st overall, while being joined in the A Main by fellow HoBao teammate Joseph Quagraine.
Only released a few weeks prior to the event, the 8.5 Pro features a number of refined design areas over the original Hyper 8 to furthermore enhance its speed and reputation on all of the worlds off road tracks.
After feedback and long term testing from our world team, including ex World Champ Greg Degani the following updates can now be found on the 8.5 Pro.
A longer chassis is now included with and extra 2mm added to the front and rear for more consistant handling on all surfaces along with heavy duty centre braces for improved chassis rigidty.
1 x 6-Gear Spider Diffs(Centre), 2 x Standard Diffs(Front & Rear)
This car was driven by R. Battle during the 2007 European Championship. And it wins ... It shows that it could be a winning car when driven by an expert pilot.
But you are not a top pilot, and I am not also. However, out of the box, this buggy is the most easy to drive that I owned. It is very solid. After 40 liters of fuel, I did not broke anyhihng. I only changed the plastic triangles once at the beginning of the 2008 season. So here a list of facts :
- very solid...
- easy to drive, easy to set up. You do not need to perfectly set-up for having a good car.
- parts are really cheap, as the car !
- easy to clean because main components are removable easily. For example, it is easy to change oil in the diff (only 4 screws to remove for accessing to the center diff, 6 to access front/rear diff)
- a bit more heavy than other cars (around 100gr.)
- The car get some play in the plastic after few liters. However, it never disturbs nor affects the performance. This is well known on Hobao/Ofna models
If you have money to buy a competition buggy, save some by buying this one, and use the rest to buy a better engine... :) Enjoy !!!