NOVAK Crusher 2S-4S Brushless ESC w/ Simple-Tuner For RC Crawler #1834
The Ultimate Multi-Function Crawler/Basher Speed Control- The Crusher was born out of the need to fill the gap of a single multi-functional speed control that could accommodate a multitude of applications -- rock crawlers, rock racers, short course, sport racing, and even the heavy-duty RC applications that have no category! The Novak Crusher 2S, 3S, and 4S-rated, sensor-based brushless ESC fills that gap and provides amazing power, response and speed at your fingertips. With auto-detect LiPo sensing and Novak’s Simple Tuner™ complete onboard programming, the Crusher brings a new level of user-friendly operation and on-the-spot adjustability. The Crusher is pre-wired and ready to install. It includes a replaceable receiver harness, a full coverage heat sink, cooling fan, and its sealed case design means the Crusher is ready to rock right out of the box!
Equipped with Novak X-Drive™- Novak X-Drive™ provides incredibly smooth throttle response while maintaining an extremely connected and controlled feel. This motor-firing technology has been taking the racing world by storm and is now included in the Crusher. No speed control is complete without Novak X-Drive™!
On-the-Spot Customization- No external programming box or PC device is needed. The Crusher’s Simple Tuner™ onboard programming allows you to change your favorite settings using the ESC’s simple-to-follow, color-coded LEDs. Most drivers only have a few things they like to adjust. The popular settings are easy to remember and can be changed on the fly when needed. Customizable profiles allow you to completely change the feel and driving style with one master button.
Rocket Power- Ready for a little, or a lot of extra power? Novak’s race-proven Dynamic Timing Advance™ is included with a simple to use RPM range setting. This functionality is included in the Simple Tuner version of the Crusher and allows you to give your motor electronic timing advance that will increase RPM at full throttle! That's right, when you're in the wide-open spaces or on a race track, you can always use a bit more "braaap." That's exactly what Dynamic Timing Advance does. It gives you a kick in the pants to get you there sooner! The speed control uses electronic timing advance to increase the motor RPM under specific motor RPM and throttle conditions to provide extra top speed. You can select the RPM range the timing kicks in, and you can select how many degrees of dynamic timing are applied.
Heavy-Duty ESC- Full-Coverage Heat Sink – For proper heat dissipation, the Crusher takes full advantage of its robust size and features a full-size, cross-cut heat sink that has direct contact with all of the power MOSFETs. Whether you are ripping through the high desert or climbing mountains in the heat of the day, the heat sink is the first line of defense against heat build-up. Cooling fan included.
Heavy Duty High-Power PCB – The Crusher uses an extremely heavy-duty and thick PC board that is embedded with massive, pure copper traces to ensure your speed control performs at its best.
Factory Installed Power Wires – The Crusher comes factory-installed with 14 gauge silicone battery and motor power wires that are easy to replace for factory-like, re-wire jobs. These power wires don’t just have a “14” printed on them – they are top-quality, Novak Super-Flex wires.
High-Powered 5 Amp BEC - The Crusher’s built-in BEC is based on the proven linear regulator BEC in racing ESCs. The Crusher provides 6 volts and up to 5 amps of receiver and servo power. An external BEC is required for 3S and 4S setups.
On-Board Power Capacitors- Built directly onto the speed control’s power board to provide the best protection and performance from the power capacitors.
Added Protection- Low-Voltage Protection – The Crusher will monitor the LiPo pack voltage thousands of times per second. In order to prevent the pack from ever falling below the critical safety voltage, the speed control will simply reduce the power, slowing down the vehicle.
Thermal Protection – The Crusher keeps tabs on its core operating temperature and will reduce its power to prevent the ESC from overheating
On-Board Temperature Diagnostics – With a quick tap of the One-Touch button, multi-colored LEDs will indicate how hot the speed control is for instant temperature information.
Error Sensing – Sampling has been expanded to provide additional feedback via multi-colored LEDs, allowing for quicker trouble-shooting
Motor Lock-Up Protection – If your drive train or motor becomes bound up or jammed, the ESC will detect this and cut the power to prevent damage.
Hall Effect Sensor Test – This built-in test allows you to confirm that your motor’s sensors and sensor harness are in good working order.
Motor Compatibility- The Crusher Brushless ESC with Simple Tuner is compatible with 540 and 550-size, 2 or 4-pole, sensored brushless motors. To engage the instant reverse and additional crawling mode features, a Novak crawling motor is needed. Refer to the specifications for motor turn limit detail.
Novak Built and Supported- Novak takes pride in its facility in Lake Forest, California and also with its use of high-quality components and assembly and testing processes. Each Novak Crusher ESC is tested in the Novak factory to Novak’s exacting standards. All Novak products are supported by Novak’s knowledgeable customer support staff and race team.
- Versatile and rugged performance ESC for 2-4S extreme sport and crawling setups including 2WD, 4WD, on-road, short-course, monster truck, rock racing, rock crawling, scale, and trail hauling
- Compatible with sensor-based 540-size, 550-size, 4-pole, and Novak Crawling brushless motors
- 4 customizable profiles: Three Standard pre-loaded profiles (Bashing, Racing, Timing Test) and one Crawling profile with crawling modes active (Rock Boost, instant reverse, and hill/hold/drag brake)
- Sensor-based system for excellent torque and low-speed drivability
- Novak X-Drive™ provides enhanced throttle response, ultra smooth power delivery, higher top speeds, and cooler operating temperatures
- Extreme-duty, built-in 5A BEC to handle the demands of today's high powered servos. An external BEC is required for 3S and 4S setups
- Extreme-duty, built-in 5A BEC to handle the demands of today's high powered servos
- The original, Novak-developed, One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick and easy transmitter set-up
- Built-In Protection Features: Auto-detect LiPo Cutoff; ESC Thermal Overload Protection; highly water-resistant case with protective silicone gasket
- Novak RPM Boost Timing™ (Crawling Mode/2S) and Dynamic Timing Advance™ (Standard Mode/2S and 3S) for increased RPM
- Novak’s Power Hill/Hold Brakes for extreme holding power in crawling applications
- Included cooling fan with plug-in connector and hardware
- On-board diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC's temperature at any time Thermal overload protection circuitry to protect from overheating
- On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
- Gold-plated, direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options
- User-replaceable input and switch harnesses, and motor sensor harness
- Motor Type: Sensored Brushless (540, 550, 4-Pole, Novak Crawling)
- Fwd/Brk/Rev: Standard Mode: Forward / Brake / Reverse (OFF/ON), Crawling Mode: Forward / Drag Brake / Reverse
- Input Cells (LiPo/Ni-MH): 2-4S LiPo cells/4-14 NiMH*
- Size: 29.5 x 37.3 x 24.4 mm
- Weight: 40.4 g
- On-Resistance (ohms): 0.00040 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp. (brushless)
- Motor Limit: Brushless 2S: 6.5-turn or higher 540-size (13.5-turn or higher Novak Crawler); 4.5-turn or higher 550-size; 4600kV or lower 4-pole
Brushless 3S: 13.5-turn or higher 540-size (18.5-turn or higher Novak Crawler); 6.5-turn or higher 550-size; 3500kV or lower 4-pole
Brushless 4S: 13.5-turn or higher 540-size (18.5-turn or higher Novak Crawler); Not recommended for 550-size or 4-Pole motors
- BEC (volts / amps): 6.0 volts DC / 5.0 amps (external BEC required for 3S/4S setups)
- Wire Size (GA): 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
- NOVAK Crusher 2S-4S Brushless ESC (1 pc)