The all new TRF418 racing chassis is the successor to the TRF417 chassis series, which has served TRF magnificently since its 2010 debut, securing the elite team numerous race victories including a third IFMAR ISTC World Championships in a row and unprecedented fifth overall. The TRF418 is set to take touring car racing to the next level with the 2014 IFMAR world Championship on the horizon! The TRF418 represents the first complete overhaul that Tamiya's top racing chassis has undergone in three years. Honed through countless tests using cutting-edge power sources, tires, and thanks to the feedback of TRF works drivers Marc Rheinard, Viktor Wilck and of course reigning World Champion Jilles Groskamp, the chassis boasts an almost 100% new design. Tamiya is constantly pushing the limits of R/C racing technology in an effort to stay ahead of the pack and secure the TRF team's sixth title, and the TRF418 promises to be another success story.
- Front and rear lower bulkheads feature identical design, while upper arms have an optimal attachment angle.
- Center bulkhead is separate from upper deck, optimizing chassis roll characteristics.
- Features redesigned front/rear suspension arms with attachment points in dedicated racing positions only.
- A weight reduction of 2g has been achieved with a lighter direct coupling.
- Newly-designed stabilizers are now attached using ball connectors.
- New steering arms offer a more linear steering feel.
- Includes a 20T pinion gear for a secondary gear reduction ratio of 1.85 (minimizing speed loss when throttle is disengaged.)
*Photos for reference only.