Tamiya has just announced a new TRF, this time it is something a bit different — a TRF F1 car.
Looking at the first picture and initial information it looks to be very much an evolution of the F104v2 but with a new front end, wider motor pod and more link settings.
Tamiya has announced some specs of TRF101 F1:
- The front arms are 2.5mm carbon fibre rather than the plastic used on the F104
- Servo can be placed standing up or laid down
- The aluminum motor mount has "extended lateral width"
- Carbon rear shaft
- Quick mounting position from three locations before and after (No idea what this means, maybe the front suspension mounts?)
- TRF damper
- F104 metal adjustable uprights
- TB-03 Aluminum Motor Spacer
- HT aluminum servo saver horn
- 24T hard coat .04 pinion