The new Factory Team RC10R5 is Team Associated’s entry into the fast-growing 1:10 scale World GT onroad racing class. With Team Associated’s twenty-five years of 1:12 and 1:10 scale onroad racing history, we are very excited to offer the Factory Team RC10R5 to this new emerging class! Starting with the highly successful RC12R5 platform, the designers in Area-51 built the bigger RC10R5 on a 2.5mm woven carbon fiber chassis that utilizes a pivot-ball link rear suspension that allows for independent adjustments for chassis roll, bump and alignment. Having the ability to make these chassis adjustments independently gives the RC10R5 greater potential to get the best possible handling from the car and the track surface. While testing, the pivot ball-link chassis has proven to be more durable in high speed impacts and much better in bumpy track conditions.
The RC10R5 features new shocks that have a through-shaft design, making for equalized damping throughout the full stroke of the shock in both directions, without any unwanted rebound. The center shock tower has four mounting positions that split the spring rates for even finer adjustments. The new center shock also controls the chassis droop and can be adjusted on the car with a turnbuckle wrench, making it easier and quicker to get dialed in.
- Width: 197mm
- Length: 14.5 inches
- Weight: 1.98 lbs.
- Wheelbase: 255mm
- Power: Electric
- Drive: 2WD/RWD
- Scale: 1/10th
The RC10R5’s ‘Active Strut’ front end has been optimized, featuring symmetric components with adjustable caster and track width, as well as a new front axle with wheel nut. Factory Team blue aluminum servo mounts position the servo flat on the chassis for a lower center of gravity and include Ackermann adjustment spacers. The foam front bumper helps protect body and chassis during impacts.
The RC10R5 features a wide rear pod optimized and balanced for brushless, woven carbon fiber top plate, and Factory Team blue aluminum machined motor mount and left-side bulkhead. The woven carbon fiber top plate attaches to the motor mount and leftside bulkhead at four points, making the RC10R5’s rear pod more rigid and durable.
The RC10R5 uses 90% of the same parts as the RC12R5, making it easier than ever for current 1:12 scale racers to jump into the fun of bigger cars with scale bodies that is the World GT class.
- Wide rear pod is balance-optimized for brushless motors and features Factory Team blue aluminum machined motor mount and left bulkhead
- New Factory Team pivot ball-link chassis allows for independent adjustment for roll, bump, and alignment
- The pivot ball-link chassis has proven to be more durable in high speed impacts and better in bumpy track conditions
- New Factory Team shocks feature a through-shaft design, making for equal damping with no rebound in both directions
- Updated active strut front end features symmetric components with adjustable caster and track width, as well as a new front axle with wheel nut
- Woven carbon fiber center shock tower allows for incremental adjustments of rear spring rate
- 2.5mm woven carbon fiber chassis
- Full ball bearing
- Ball differential
- Foam front bumper helps protect body and chassis during impact
- Servo mounts flat for a lower CG and includes Ackermann adjustment spacers
Source : CML
Where to buy Team Associated product ?